Found a good workout for truckers, It is called the Russian Kettlebell Swing and in my opinion it is a good workout because it both strengthens and tones while it burns calories.
His and Hers Kettlebells!!
Every other day I do the Kettlebell Swing (weather Permitting) it only takes about 8 minutes but boy, is it is a good workout. It gets my heart rate up, and makes my body feel nice and sore, but not crippled. I always feel like I had a good work out. You can find tons of direction on how to do the Kettlebell Swing on You Tube. Heres a link to a video that I thought explained it quite well, http://youtu.be/_h1QcHTkwdI If you decide to get yourself a Kettlebell I would recommend not going too heavy 35 pounds is plenty for me. Keep in mind the Bell is only part of the exercise you also are moving your whole body so If you are 300 pounds + like me then that is a lot of weight you are moving. This is a good workout for the ladies Too!! My Lady Tweet also has a Kettlebell and loves it!! hers is only 10 pounds though and that is plenty. It really firms up the ol Glutes and Burns Fat too!!!
My Trucker Workout in a nutshell
- So Basically all I do is every other day grab my Kettlebell and do the "Kettlebell Swing" three sets of 15 reps.
- I stand with my legs about shoulder width and bend with my knees to grasp Kettlebell with both hands.
- I then swing the Bell between my legs bending at the knees then swing the bell forward to about chin height using my knees and buttocks.
- I then let the bell swing in a controlled arc back between my legs then back to about chin height
- I do this 15 times then set the bell down and walk around the truck to let my heart rate slow down.
- If you are doing this right you will feel like you could grab a Credit Card between your Buttocks every time you complete the swing!
- You can See another driver at a rest area, that asked to try the Kettlebell Swing Below!!